This shredded chicken salad recipe made with only 5 ingredients. It is a quick recipe that is so super easy, even I can make it.
So my niece is now 7 months pregnant and is having healthy cravings. Crazy, I know! When I was pregnant with each of my 3 boys, I craved cherry cheesecake and the entire Taco Bell menu. But when a pregnant woman has a craving you don’t ask why. Just give her what she wants and no one will get hurt. So because of that request, I decided to share my recipe
I do not cook, unless you call putting chicken nuggets in the oven cooking. So on the rare occasion something other then nuggets are coming from my kitchen, it has to be super simple and quick to make like the no bake summer party cake I posted here. Feel free to jazzy up this chicken salad recipe with pickles or celery. I’ve seen some recipes with cranberries. You can make this recipe as a sandwich with lettuce and tomato or as a dip with tortilla chips. It is very versatile but I will be posting the basic recipe. Let’s get started.
There are only 5 ingredients in this recipe and can be finished within 30 minutes.
- Chicken Breast (I used tenders)
- 32 oz Plain Yogurt
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 Cup Couscous
- First clean then boil your chicken until fully cooked. I used the 8 small tenders so this only takes about 15 minutes. On occasion when I’ve used the larger chicken breast it took longer to cook. It all depends on the size of your chicken.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, shut off the flame and start the shredding process. It’s a pain to stand there and shred the chicken piece by piece but worth it.
- While shredding the chicken, try to avoid any eye contact with the begging dog in your kitchen, because he’s stare will become so intense that you will eventually give in and put some chicken in his bowl.
- In a large bowl add your shredded chicken, plain yogurt, mayonnaise, chopped walnuts and cuoscuos. Then stir it all together. The cuos cuos will soak up a lot of moister, so don’t worry if it looks too wet.
- Cover your bowl and leave it refrigerated for several hours.
Or in my case, hand it over to my niece. I’ve prepared and served this shredded chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on a crossiant or roll. I have prepared it and just served it up in a bowl with a side of tortilla chips. You can also add some diced pickles and just eat it with a fork. I actually love this recipe because I can make one batch of it and have it several days in a row and many different ways.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don’t forget to follow our post or Pinterest boards for more DIY inspiration…and the occasional recipe too.